Care Navigator - Columbia/Greene
Catholic Charities Senior & Caregiver Support Services has an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative new program assisting caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Providing care to an individual with Alzheimer’s or dementia can take a heavy toll on the caregiver, often resulting in high levels of stress, depression, absenteeism from work, and increased costs for their own health care. This exciting new program aims to help caregivers by linking them with vital resources that can improve the quality of life for their loved one and themselves. The Care Navigator will work closely with families and caregivers, providing care coordination that will link them with needed services and support.
- Establishing connections with families and caregivers, conducting home visits, as appropriate, performing intakes and assessments;
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team, develop a care plan through case conferencing and consultation;
- Monitoring care plans through regular communication and on-going case conferencing;
- Advocating with appropriate community partners for services and assisting participants with scheduling and coordination of services
- Forming strong relationships with community partners who will make referrals to the program and/or provide services to participants;
The position is located in Catskill and provides service to clients within Columbia and Greene counties.
- A Master’s degree in social work or a related field and two years of experience in case management, care coordination or caregiver support services; or a Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience is required.
- A valid driver license and access to a vehicle during all work hours vehicle is also required.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer